I am Katerina and I’m glad that you are here.
I am passionate about helping people. I dedicate my life in teaching those who choose to take care of themselves. I spread health and wellness in a profound manner that allows the human body to change in its own unique and natural way. SOMA Awareness® brings forth such a natural transformation that almost feels like magic! I am focused endlessly on expanding my knowledge and deepening my understanding on finding the root of every physical disharmony. To me, everything we do within balance of our nature becomes the Art of our Life.
My main studies
- Bachelor of Arts, in Linguistics and Literature, University Of Hertfordshire, UK
- Certified NLP Practitioner & Life Coach, Transformation Academy, Florida, USA
- Certified Health & Nutrition Life Coach, Transformation Academy, Florida, USA
- Certified Therapeutic Art Life Coach, Transformation Academy, Florida, USA
- Certified Bioenergetic, Meditation and Visualization Teacher, by Martin K., Hawaii- USA
- Certified Yoga Teacher 200hrs, Yoga Garden SF, San Francisco, California
- Certified Yoga Teacher 4 Kids 100hrs, Yoga Academy, Athens, GR
- Certified Breathing Instructor by Hellen- Anne P., San Francisco, California
- Certified in Experiential Anatomy with Judith Hanson Lasater, San Francisco, California
- Certified Face Yoga Expert by D. Collins, Accredited by the International College of Holistic Medicine, UK
- Certified Infant Massage Instructor, IAIM, Athens, GR
- Certified Callanetics Instructor by K.K., Athens, GR
My additional education consists of countless workshops, seminars and private sessions regarding the human health, fascia release and body movement, raw/plant-based nutrition and wellness with exceptional teachers, nutritionists, medical practitioners and body specialists around the world.
I have been a professional athlete most of my life and I have had multiple chronic injuries and high-stress levels. I have tried many therapies throughout the years but nothing really worked for a long period of time. I’m a regular student of Katerina’s SOΜΑ Awareness and Yoga sessions for many years now and I wouldn’t change it for anything in the world. She keeps educating me in physical, mental and emotional level in order to have a healthy and balanced lifestyle and most importantly how to be able to maintain that in my everyday life. She guides me to bring peace and flow in to my movement, trust the wisdom of my own body and create an honest and tender relationship with it. She is amazing, passionate, extremely well educated and she actually cares deeply about each and every one of her students.
I have met Katerina, as my patient in my clinic a few years back. Since I have known her, she never stops educating herself and develop new set of skills! Soon enough, our roles changed and Katerina took care of me with so much love and tenderness. My first session SOΜΑ Awareness with her was amazing! By the end, I felt calmer, well rested and in deep contact with my body and soul. The most amazing fact was a shoulder issue that bothered me for many years and as a result my movement range was restricted. My shoulder retrieved its full movement range without pain in no time. Unbelievable, almost magical! Thank you, Katerina.
As a child, I was super curious and very adventurous; it goes without saying that I had many injuries since I could not sit still. At that time, all my injuries didn’t seem to matter but as I grew older, both the pain and the disharmonies in my body became unbearable. Since I did not wish to spend my life on medication or undergo surgeries, I chose to work with physiotherapists, acupuncturists and healers. They all helped in a way but the relief they gave me was always short-lived due to the fact that the physical pain was rooted into deeper levels of my being.